“It will cut!”
Find out who has the sharpest blade at the show
Tactical Reviews will be be running a sharpness competition with some fatastic prizes. Bring your blade along and see if you are a cut above the rest.
- Open to all knives, custom-made or production – No Razors allowed.
- Any knife deemed not to be in the spirit of the ‘sharpest knife’ contest will be disallowed (surgical/laboratory etc.)
- Open to anyone – Professional / Maker / Amateur / User.
- The Competition is free of charge for the participants.
- Each knife tested receives an official Sharpness Certificate.
- All knives will be returned to the owner immediately after testing/certification is complete.
- The competition opens at 10:00, and knives must be submitted for testing before 15:00 on the last day of the knife show.
- Entrant’s name, knife description, sharpening method and score will be recorded.
- Testing will be carried out using an Edge On Up PT50A BESS certified tester.
- Each knife will initially have a single measurements taken. If the result is within 50 BESS of the leading entry, further measurements may be taken (at the discretion of the tester).
- Subject to the previous rule, each qualifying knife will then have a set of three measurements taken along the blade (tip, centre and heel) with the average BESS score counting as the result.
- In the case of a draw, the lowest individual score will be used for secondary ranking. If there is still a draw, the first one tested will win.
- The tester’s results are final – No knife may be entered twice.
- A leader board will be maintained showing the top entries during the show.
- Each time there is a new leader, the knife will be photographed.
Rules are subject to change – see the TacticalReviews site for the official, current rules.
NOTE: No liability can be accepted for damage to any knife entered.
The winning knife and sharpening method will be announced at 15:30 on the last day of the knife show and on TacticalReviews.co.uk
Here’s a sneak peek at the prizes. There will be one main prize for the winning entry. (Full prize only available to a winner aged 18 or over.)